Wednesday, February 18, 2009

VoiceThread

Because voicethread can hold any type of media such as images, documents and videos, the possibilities are endless. For my unit question, How do life cycles affect my world?, I would collect a series of images that represent my topic and add questions and comments for my students to discuss. My unit question can be integrated in different curriculum subjects. For example in geography, I can gather data about different types of life cycles and where they are found. In math we could determine how many life cycles there are in one area chart and compare the information.
As for my future curricular activities I would love to interact with a class from another place. I would like to try to start local maybe a class from another school campus. However my goal would be for my students to interact with other students from around the world. I believe this would set a good foundation for my students with the technology necessary to be successful.





1 comment:

  1. Josette, I thought your ideas regarding using digital media were very good. It would be a wonderful experience, for both students and teachers, to be able to interact with fellow students from other schools or areas. This is definately in line with inquiry and project based learning. The students could work together to create, solve, and learn. What a great and effective learning experience that could be! I also like how you fwere able to integrate your unit question into various cirricular areas. Life cycles, as you've shown, doesn't have to be only about science- it can involve every other topic taught. This will make for a really well-rounded education and understanding for the children. Great job!

    ReplyDelete